Original title: "Quartetto Blues", by Andrea Jeva English transalation by Gregory Conti, Copyright 2002, by S.I.A.E. Societa' Italiana Autori ed Editori.
The playwright asks to be informed of any production of this work by e-mail (N.B. Remove the name of the animal from the address)
- "Blues Quartet" written in 2002.
Performed in the review of contemporary playwrights "Premio Sele d'Oro 2005",
winning the prize as best play
The characters in "Blues Quartet," the same person at different stages of his life,
have been condemned by a "deus-ex-machina" to play out a sort of generational
confrontation. Like instrumentalists in a blues session, they challenge one another,
each obstinately pursuing his own version of the melody, improvising ironic, rhythmical
second thoughts, echoing or perhaps ransoming a sense of enslavement, at once
ancient and modern, in a doomed attempt to escape the decadence of their time.
- Characters (all wearing tails)
- SIGNOR A (age twenty)
- SIGNOR B (age forty)
- SIGNOR C (age sixty)
- SIGNOR D (age eighty. Never appears on stage).
- 80 min.
- The debut of "BLUES QUARTET" August 28th 2004 in the ex-hospital of "Città di Castello" Italy,
within the Festival of the Nations of "Città di Castello" Italy, directed by Angelo Edoardo Zigrino, Politheater, Italy.
No Rewiews available.
- Other scripts are available, at the moment in Italian version, please contact the playwright.
- Contacting the playwright:
- The playwright may be contacted through S.I.A.E. or by e-mail (N.B. Remove the name of the animal from the address)
- The playwright asks to be informed of any production of this work.
- "Blues Quartet" is protected under copyright laws. All rights reserved. Performance or publication of "Blues Quartet" is subject to a royalty. Inquiries concerning rights should be addressed to:
Viale della Letteratura, 30
00144 Roma - Italy